Jillian’s Spanish style outdoor living space was designed with the intention of creating a warm and inviting atmosphere, perfect for entertaining and hosting loved ones in her home. With an emphasis on bringing the indoors out, it incorporates a large outdoor area that features an expansive dining table, several comfortable seating areas, and natural decor elements for an organic approach to functional living. With it’s effortless style – Jillian’s Outdoor Living Space inspired our latest collection, A Summer State of Mind, to help you unwind and be inspired to host loved ones in your home this Summer. From durably stylish dinner and drinkware, to woven textiles and refined furnishings – we have everything you need to enhance your outdoor living space.
A Place to Dine
The dining table often becomes the heart and soul of many gatherings; as it is a place where food is shared, and stories are told. When you approach your outdoor living space as an extension of your home – comfort is key, and a good table and chairs invites people to stay awhile. Our Yuma Outdoor Dining Chair is a beautiful choice, as it features a curvy wicker frame with a comfortable cushion, creating the ultimate seating experience while dining al fresco on those warm summer nights.
Lighting is also an important key element for an outdoor living space, as it helps illuminate the nights with family and friends, you never want to forget. The hand-finished copper Aileen Pendant featured in Jillian’s outdoor living space, provides so much warmth and rustic charm to the space.
Setting the Table
To get Jillian’s organic and earthy place setting look, begin with the Hand Woven Seagrass Placemat. This round placemat sets the stage for the table by adding warmth, texture and style. Layered on top is the stunning Winslow Outdoor Dinnerware. This collection emulates the look and feel of traditional ceramic without the breakage. Made from a majority of plant based materials, this outdoor dinnerware is resistant to breakage, chipping and scratching, which makes this a durable outdoor option. We love the creamy neutral artisanal matte color of the Winslow Collection, and how it pairs with the woven details. To complete the look, Jillian added the linen Briscoe Hand Towel wrapped in our rattan Woven Napkin Ring.
The Finishing Touches
Whether you are looking for a simple glass of water or something a little more fancy, we’ve got you covered. Our Hibi Glass in a beautiful green hue, adds a pop of color to the table space. The design of this glass is simple and elegant, with it’s clean shape. Jillian also styles her table setting with the Mesa Outdoor Drinkware in the goblet style. This drinkware is not only stylish with its beautiful fluted detailing, but it is also very durable. Made of acrylic instead of glass, it is shatterproof, making it a great option for outdoor gatherings.
Make This Dish At Your Next Meal
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil, cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, in a food processor add the basil leaves, garlic cloves, pine nuts, cheese, salt/pepper. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. On high, pour in the olive oil. Open and scrape the sides with a spatula. Blend again and add 2 tbsp of additional olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter, add in the pesto, and stir to combine.
- Add in 3 tbsp of heavy cream and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk together until the sauce is smooth and fully combined. Lower heat to simmer.
- Add in the cooked/drained pasta into the pesto sauce and using tongs, carefully toss to coat the pasta. Add in 2-3 tbsp of reserved pasta water until the pasta is fully coated with the sauce and silky.
- Serve with additional cheese over the top (optional).